Friday 10 February 2012

Wheres my husband/wife at?!!



Bismillahirahmanirahiim
Marriage…sweet marriage! This seems to be the perception of the youth these days, all everyone wants to do right now is get married! And I don’t blame them it is the sunnah and it is a barrier from many sins. Nowadays it’s not just girls that dream of marriage but boys increasingly want to get married younger and younger. So we would think we are in an ideal situation where there will be increased amounts of marriages and love and children!
But the problem is where are these potential partners that we are all looking for? Just yesterday I was watching a programme that aired showing young muslim girls and boys looking for their life partner in an Islamic manner, and suffice to say by the end of the programme they were still looking. I really do pray for all those that took part in it, because it’s a tough business finding a spouse.
The reason I am writing this short post on marriage is to tell all us single souls out there Allah is sufficient for us and we should trust Him alone in every matter of this dunya and deen, so do not depress yourself dear sister if you have seen 20 men already, because the 21st may be ‘The One!’ and brothers do not despair there’s plenty of women out there waiting for you.
I can only give a few tips and advice; I am not married nor have I found anyone (sad face lol) but would hope I live by these humble tips myself:

1) TRUST IN ALLAH ALONE - “Hasbi Allahu wa ne’mal wakil.” “Allah is sufficient for me and is the best trustee of affairs.” Make sincere dua to Allah Most High.

2) If a door opens for you, step inside of it. Sisters I am talking to you!! So many times I hear of sisters who are hesitant when their family tells them someone wants to come and see them because they feel ‘I am still at university’, ‘I still have time’, ‘Let my sister get married first and then I’ll look’
I’m telling you, my friends and I have been there and probably said all of the above at least once in our lives…and guess what a lot of us are still single! It’s ok to get the ball rolling now, getting to know someone takes time so does the whole process of planning a wedding especially if your parents are the ‘£20,000 wedding’ type! So it is good to start looking even if you have 3 unmarried sisters!

3) STOP with those long lists that only an angel in Jannah would be able to fulfil! When we get there inshAllah we shall have those perfect matches J but in the dunya …not so sure, so let’s not decrease our chances with high demands and expectations of Brad Pitt/ Angelina type looks and the personality of Mother Teresa …it’s not going to happen guys!

4) the last piece of advice I give to myself before anyone else…let’s be ourselves when we come to meeting these potential partners, don’t pretend to be some perfect muslim, we all make mistakes, we are all not perfect, these things give us our personality and  what made us what we are today. Be honest, If you like going out with your girlfriends then tell him that, and if you hate eating ‘western’ food then tell her that, no pretences!

I pray for all my sisters and brothers who are searching for their ideal partner, May Allah grant us all good partners who will increase our faith and provide us with righteous offspring and be with us in the Gardens of Paradise, inshAllah!!!

I am terribly sorry, because of this rambling blogpost and lack of direction :S Thank you for reading and forgive me if I said anything wrong. Asalaamualaikum!

8 comments:

  1. http://swsalamworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subhnallah i just came from an awesome lecture on marriage, you know where you will find marriage? "From sources you dont know of"
    "And let the ones who do
    not find (the means) to wed keep
    abstaining until Allah enriches them of His Grace.."24:33

    The imam said, this means to fill your time with things other then marriage until Allah provides you with marriage. Dont think about marriage, go to the masjid, volunteer, finish school, marriage will come to you when Allah wills from sources you dont know of.

    Make your focus towards Allah not marriage. You cannot work towards marriage because marriage comes from Allah. Connect with Allah and then inshallah Allah will provide you with marriage.

    read more at my blog
    http://hudaisfreetowrite.blogspot.com/2012/02/marriage-dont-think-about-it-change.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JazakAllah for your input sis! :) Allah bless you i shall visit you soon x

      Delete
  3. love the tips you gave! I am always blogging about marriage, its a topic us Muslims cant avoid! lol
    I wrote this after two great lectures i heard i think you will like it, its about how only Allah will bring you your spouse, and how in the meantime you do other good deeds,

    http://hudawritess.blogspot.com/2012/03/marriagedont-think-about-it-change-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL OMG I JUST SAW MY OLD COMMENT, I WAS LIKE WHOS THAT?!? AND THEN I REALIZED IT WAS MY OLD BLOG loooooooool subhnallah how i came across your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamualaikum sister, I was jus wondering if you still blog on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa laikum salaam, yes apparently i do blog on here but unfortunately i just haven't had alot of time to do so. I know its been a long while, my apologies, i will try and do so more often, even if i keep them short and sweet.I plan to write something tonight/tomorrow, Thank you for showing some interest :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete